Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to this board. I've recently decided to pick up fishing and bought my first rod ($20) and fishing license.

Would you guys have any recommendations/tips/resources for beginners, or things you wish you knew when you started out but have learned from experience?

I'm picking up fishing because it seems like something fun to do on weekends, is yet another reason to get outside, and eventually I'd like to teach my children how to fish.

Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to your responses!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm going on a camping trip around Crested Butte this weekend, so maybe y'all have location recommendations.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hey everyone, I'm new to this board. I've recently decided to pick up fishing and bought my first rod ($20) and fishing license.

Would you guys have any recommendations/tips/resources for beginners, or things you wish you knew when you started out but have learned from experience?

I'm picking up fishing because it seems like something fun to do on weekends, is yet another reason to get outside, and eventually I'd like to teach my children how to fish.

Thanks in advance, I'm looking forward to your responses!

EDIT: I forgot to mention I'm going on a camping trip around Crested Butte this weekend, so maybe y'all have location recommendations.
I would definatly stop by and check out the roaring Judy fish hatchery. Between Almont and the Butte. There are public fishing ponds and canals plumb full of trout. It's an excellent place for a beginner to start getting familiar with fishing for trout

1 - 3 of 3 Posts