Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,885 Posts
More times than not a trout swallows bait. It's pretty tough to get out without hurting the fish. That's been my experience with bait. I haven't done it in about 12 years.

It should be ok to release trout caught with bait if it's lip hooked.

Just my opinion.

· Registered
4,885 Posts
If they aren't scented they should be ok. If a trout thinks it's food it will swallow it. If they get fooled into taking lures, flies etc they will try to spit it out and it will get caught on the lip.

Compared to other fish like bass, trout are not very tough. It doesn't take a whole lot to kill them. Even if they swim away after being caught they can and do die if not handled right.

· Registered
4,885 Posts
I see the same thing on hunting forums. Nobody wants to do the hunting part anymore. All they want is where should they hunt. You won't get that from me but there's always some idiot that will tell them. Then the same idiot will whine that his secret spot is crowded now. Duh!

So, where should I fish? No, seriously. Got any hot spots?

· Registered
4,885 Posts
Oh ok. I was trying to think of a fishing spot named House Rock. I know nothing about it. I never eat out. I'm too cheap........not true. I'm too poor.

Eating out to me is bringing my lunch. I do that a lot. :smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.