Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

Moved up here to Breckenridge a little less than a year ago from central Ohio. Spent last summer getting settled in and adjusting, now getting ready to hit the fish this year. Used to fish for bass regularly back home but I realize, without a day trip to Denver, Trout will be my new daily hunt. So with that in mind I've got a few questions!

1. I plan right now to use spinning equipment for all my fishing. It's the method i know and love. I've noticed especially in Summit that Fly seems to be the only game in town. Will i draw any ire from fellow fisherman for my choice on the stream?

2. Along those same lines I'd love to find a tackle shop better than Wal-Mart and closer than BPS. Anyone know of a place?

3. Would love to hear what you all like to use with a spinning outfit lure wise and maybe some good spots around Summit to start out when the ice thaws?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey thanks for all the awesome answers! I assume when you guys say bait were talking powerbait, doughballs, live bait etc? I actually have never used anything other than artificial baits and lures for freshwater fishing so that's what i plan to use here. Personally i feel more engaged that way!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Whadley! Thanks for all the tips! I am planning to do some shopping at BPS when i head down to denver later this month for a flight home. Will be sure to check out those blue foxes. What do you usually run rod and real wise?

Pete- I appreciate the heads up and will be sure to watch how i am handling them!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
@Slayerfish. Never heard of a site called fish exploiter but to answer your question I suppose I have no way to prove I'm not from there.

@Whadleyco: Awesome thanks for the info! I had planned to probably go for a 5'6" so it would be easy to break down and put in my hiking pack!

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey everyone, I did not know there was such a site and I sincerely apolgize if I came across as someone just fishing for information. (Couldn’t help myself with that pun.) My main goal from this thread was to introduce myself and get some more general tackle information than to weed out secret spots! Those are for me to find for myself! I am happy to report I ended up making the trek down to BPS the other day and picked up a new outfit, line and some lures based on your recommendations. Can’t wait to hit the water!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.