Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,422 Posts
Well, since Bugz let the cat out of the bag....

Caught my first one of the season last night. Crawfish pattern that I promptly lost 3 casts later.

I love catching these guys on a 3 wt, they feel like 5 pounders!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I know those floating twigs! Hotspotter! lol

I went for the grand slam yesterday near my house. Carp, bass, bluegill, sunfish, perch, crappie, Koi brown and rainbow trout (I am leaving the catfish out of it since I am flyfishing.. I did get the bass, green sunfish, bluegill and crappie.... I also go
t some close looks by the carp and Koi.

· Registered
1,422 Posts
If it swims I am at least moderately interested:). When it comes to fly fishing for Koi....... We are drifting off into the unknown. I like the sound of that.

To Paraphrase John Gierach that is..

Something to mark off the list, to say I have done it. Besides on the nice days now the Poudre is crowded while the Koi pond is empty.... But i did make some new friends weds at the carp pond that were stoked on the idea and joined me after we put down all the carp. So i guess i am not the only weirdo..

So far we have tried midges, chironomids, buggers, meyers micro leach, dries with droppers , nymphs... A bow would be much easier! But that is not the point.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.