Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Recently moved to Broomfield from Flagstaff. I have lived in Arizona most of my life but am no stranger to unspoiled public water.

I am looking for a place to wet a line, I have been been doing some research. Cheeseman, deckers, the platte. I am no stranger to fishing in Southern Colorado but this part of the state is a mystery to me, and because there is so much water it is almost overwhelming.

I am considering making a drive out to the Blue River this weekend. I am more of a quality of experience over quantity type. Any quiet water within an hour or two driver from the Denver area? Some place where I can fish and not be near to many folks? Im not so much after fish but a good fair chase and some quite.

I appreciate any time anyone is willing to take to point me in a general direction, Im not looking for your secret spot or anything.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I made my way out near or heeley or something on the blue. No fish but flows weren't too bad. Water was clear. Didn't catch any fish. I pulled over after the bridge after the heeney hiney sign.

It was a good time until I fell off the most slippery rock in Colorsdo and landed hand and ass in what was once elk poop but at this point more closely resembled sun melted Hershey's kisses.

Not too many folks at any of the pullouts up until that point. Water wasn't too cold either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.