Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There Everyone!

My name is Scottie and I just joined the forum. I'm originally from Wisconsin and have been fishing my entire life. I moved to Denver, well, actually it was exactly 5 years ago today, but I just started fishing here last fall. So far I've caught mostly trout out of Georgetown Lake. Yesterday I pulled a nice 17" largemouth out of Quincy Res that I released and last weekend I went up to Loch Lomond and caught a descent little brookie that was most delicious. :thumb:

I really enjoy fishing, and even more I love grilling what I catch. But I've noticed that a LOT of people CAR here in Colorado. Why is that?

Also, I want to get some waders so I can get a bit further out in the water. Any recommendations for styles or brand of waders? Thanks in advance and good luck out there!

Scottie J

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Welcome to the forum! As mentioned above, colorado has lots of anglers for the amount of water we have. Selective harvest is important in maintaining our resources.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My take on eating your fish is get them out of a lake that is stocked - that way you are not impacting the rivers where the wild fish are more common. It's too hard for a river fish to grow up and survive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts