Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up???  I wanted to know if anyone can tell me where I could go and try ice fishing for the fist time???  I live in Brighton and would be willing to drive 1 or 2hrs. 

·
Registered
864 Posts
yup i could tell ya exactly where also a time to learn more then you would in a entire yr...come on down to the ice fishing get together this sat. at 11 mile its gonna be a good time also a chance to meet many of us on this forum!! think about it..

·
Registered
688 Posts
hello all.. plannin on goin sat what do I need to use for pike? How long is the drive from denver?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
my wifes x-mas party is on sat too. Its in co springs and doesn't start until 5 pm so I talked her into letting me go until aruond 2. :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
oh and the drive from denver probably ohh i would say if your plannin on leaving fairly early there will be no traffic soooo probably right around 2 hours or so doin the speed limit anyways..... ;) maybe a little more maybe a little less

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Rad said:
my wifes x-mas party is on sat too. Its in co springs and doesn't start until 5 pm so I talked her into letting me go until aruond 2. :)
Nice Job Rad! See ya there.

·
Registered
688 Posts
thanks for the info do use the suckers whole strips or chunks. and whats the deal I heard someone uses hotdogs? footlongs, turkey , beef, ball parks?

·
Registered
864 Posts
fyraxe said:
and whats the deal I heard someone uses hotdogs? footlongs, turkey , beef, ball parks?
man i have no clue on that one...lol and with the sucker i personally am no pro but what i do is just but a pack of whole frozen suckers bring em up with me and just cut off chunks with the skin still attached and put the hook through the skin i think that helps it stay on better in my opinion but im sure soon as we get down there everyone will have a pointer or 2

·
Registered
688 Posts
does sportsmans sell suckers

·
Registered
688 Posts
I live in longmont but my son lives in denver

·
Registered
688 Posts
I will have him go get em . A small price to pay for not havin to drill holes by hand :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
ahh i see the reason i was asking is because i know of a few places around here that have suckers
1)absolute angler -64th wadsworth in arvada
2)bills live bait -i believe thats on 60th and washington in denver
3)huron bait and tackle -and she is on 88th and huron in thornton but i think i heard she may be out of business also here is a list of some others you can look through and check out....
http://www.coloradofisherman.com/colorado_bait_and_tackle_shops.php

·
Registered
688 Posts
thanks for the info, you are awealth of information. I think we are gonna try to get to absolute before they leave and follow em up. I'll send my son on a sucker hunt tomarrow. Thanks again see ya there

·
Registered
688 Posts
I agree gotta love the little guy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts