Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Wow I thought they kept water out...the new ones catch fish for ya...God knows I could use all the help I can get...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems I know howto catch trout. Walleye, not a clue. I will gladly trade you a trout for an eye. I'll even give you a gate code to get to these ones.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Seems I know howto catch trout. Walleye, not a clue. I will gladly trade you a trout for an eye. I'll even give you a gate code to get to these ones.
As tempting as a code sounds...
Man here's the little I do know and I'm sure you've heard it all or close to all of it. It's a repetition thing. Walk up and down a dam throwing jerkbaits. Rogues, husky jerks, shadow raps, rapala floating minnows. I think suspending ones have better results. Jerk jerk pause. Tweak both aspects. Short, long, hard, soft dragging the jerk bait. And do the same thing with the pause. Also google lure mods. There's **** you can do to the lure to make it more appealing apparently. I've read about it but haven't tried any of them. I'm too scared I'm gonna squeeze too hard with my leatherman and break the damn lure that I paid too much money for and will probably lose anyway. Once you get one. Do the exact same thing in the exact same spot as they tend to be stacked up off the dam this time of year.

Or try a slip bobber and a minnow. I've heard that works. Never tried it.

Oh and nice feesh.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As tempting as a code sounds...
Man here's the little I do know and I'm sure you've heard it all or close to all of it. It's a repetition thing. Walk up and down a dam throwing jerkbaits. Rogues, husky jerks, shadow raps, rapala floating minnows. I think suspending ones have better results. Jerk jerk pause. Tweak both aspects. Short, long, hard, soft dragging the jerk bait. And do the same thing with the pause. Also google lure mods. There's **** you can do to the lure to make it more appealing apparently. I've read about it but haven't tried any of them. I'm too scared I'm gonna squeeze too hard with my leatherman and break the damn lure that I paid too much money for and will probably lose anyway. Once you get one. Do the exact same thing in the exact same spot as they tend to be stacked up off the dam this time of year.

Or try a slip bobber and a minnow. I've heard that works. Never tried it.

Oh and nice feesh.
gonna work the minnows once things get a little more active. been trying pretty much what you said. caught a couple undersized walleye and got a good lecture from Mr Wiggle's favorite ranger when I said I caught a 10" walleye (you're not supposed to do that! no ****, I didn't want to catch it and didn't keep the damn thing). in the same area as others with similar jerks I think my presentation needs work. I get 0-1 to their 3-4.

building a cabin of sorts on family land up in WY. I'd be happy to fish with most of you up there most days, bring your ankle weights so you don't blow away. going up this week to put some insulation in the walls and finish putting in the fireplace. once the glacial lakes (ponds) thaw I'll be up there catching the most delicious 11-14" trout you've ever eaten. no gate code needed for those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts