Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a woman who is a newbie at fishing and I used to fish with my dad when I was younger. I have no clue on how to put a line on a pole or a hook. I want to learn. Is there a website that will teach me? If I buy a pole at a sporting goods place will they set my pole up for me in the meantime?

Regards
Katie

·
Registered
135 Posts
Go to BassPro. They helped me tie the line on my fly rods and even showed me how to do it.

As for pics "slayer" let her catch some fish first.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Catherinelady said:
Is there a website that will teach me?

Regards
Katie
Uh... This One!!! ;D

Welcome to the site Katie. :)

I take my rods to Sportsmans Warehouse to be lined, it's actually cheaper than buying a spool, and no waste..

Learn the "fisherman's knot" It's easy, and can be used for most situations..

Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions on here, and be specific.. Tons of great members who are willing to help.

Good Luck, and welcome (back) to a great sport, an and awesome web-site deicated to that sport..

James

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Welcome.

You will learn every thing you need to know here. Don't get discouraged with other members hostel behavior! They are here to help all Anglers and to protect the precious Colorado fisheries.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
welcome to the forum Katie. if you try to be specific with your questions you will find a lot of help here. one thing you should do is go to a sporting goods store and get the book that is put out by the DOW called fishing close to home

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Welcome to the site Katie.

This is actually a pretty good place to find information, if you are able to sift through the goofyness.

I am a contributor of both. ;)

In-Fishertman magazine is still the best place to get a range of ideas on a range of species, from a beginner to an advanced perspective. Fishing Facts magazine is also quite good in some regards.

Keep posting!

Shaun Solomon

·
Registered
153 Posts
Cool!! Welcome!!

I'm a female too and haven't fished since I was 15, so if you need someone to relate to I am here!! :D

I just recently got me a new pole too, but I'm lucky to have my classmate, hummus cannonball, help me out with the spooling. I tried spooling my old one and I did something wrong cuz it comes out with a ton of line twists, oops.

Can't wait til Apr 1 then I can start using my license.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
welcome aboard katie!
the quickest way to learn is to have someone take you out and show you the ropes... hit me and byron (walleyeseeker) up in the next couple weeks and we'll put you on the fightin'est fish that swims in colorado, the wiper... ;)

·
Registered
16,534 Posts
BigFishAllDay said:
Ok... two ladies in one thread? :eek: Pretend that I am you, and that this picture is a photo of you.... then just do as I have done.

PS... this is not me... it is the lovely April Vokey. PSS... Slayer, there's a pic for ya!

WOW! She knows how to handle a whopper! ;)

·
Registered
111 Posts
ItsaBigun said:
whew :eek:... i was worried that that was one of the gals i just invited to go fishin'... and wondering how i was gonna 'splain that to mrs. bigun ::)
Now that was funny!

And Slayer, she sure does doesn't she? She guides out of BC. I think I might go hire her one day, and I might not even bring my fishing rod.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
If not for Slayer, this thread would not be as near to epic as it's building up to be.

Katie, welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll find the answers to nearly every question you may have right here on this fine forum.

For help with fishing gear, as was mentioned, any sporting goods store that's worth it's business license should have knowledgeable and helpful associates. Personally, I'm partial to Gander Mtn in Aurora.

Good luck to you, and tight lines!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
If not for Slayer, this thread would not be as near to epic as it's building up to be.

Katie, welcome aboard. I'm sure you'll find the answers to nearly every question you may have right here on this fine forum.

For help with fishing gear, as was mentioned, any sporting goods store that's worth it's business license should have knowledgeable and helpful associates. Personally, I'm partial to Gander Mtn in Aurora.

Good luck to you, and tight lines!
I'm with you on Gander. Andy, Dave or Donald will take great care of you.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts