Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello folks,
Longtime lurker, first time poster here. Wondering if anyone has experience fishing the gunnison or uncompaghre rivers in Delta? Confluence park? Recently moved to Delta from the front range and looking for info about decent local waters. Mostly a walknwade fisherman. Thanks for any info. Oh and happy Halloween!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haven't made it down that way yet But from the looks of it seems like there are some decent runs and pools that could have enough structure to hold a few trout. i am sure there are a bunch of other warm water species that lurk these waters to i will let you yall know how i do when i get a chance to make it out.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You'd be better off ice fishing on the Mesa, I haven't fished there in a few years but did fish the river by Confluence Park a few times without as much as a bite. I hear the park has some Catfish in it though

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
hello folks,
Longtime lurker, first time poster here. Wondering if anyone has experience fishing the gunnison or uncompaghre rivers in Delta? Confluence park? Recently moved to Delta from the front range and looking for info about decent local waters. Mostly a walknwade fisherman. Thanks for any info. Oh and happy Halloween!
In addition to the state park just north of Ridgway that has been outed in a separate thread, I sent you a PM with some info.

Good luck!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Lots of river, middle of nowhere... just go fishing my man.
What he said. It’s been a few years...quite a few actually, but the Gunnison up near Delta where it turns down into the canyon is great wade able water, with a healthy population of browns and bows. Streamers, nymphs, dries in the spring summer, whatever. And you have a thousand lakes up in the flat tops once the ice is off. Nirvana man.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts