Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I've caught big rainbows, some browns, and many brookies on them, as well as largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, northern pike, and even walleye. They are pretty good lures, but overall the zoom superfluke kicks its ass in every category possible. The worst thing about the banjos is their hooking system sucks and they don't cast for $hit.

remember this, ZOOM SUPERFLUKE!!! Trust me ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Well went fishing at the little lake near my house and ended up catching 4 largemouth from the chartreuse small banjo minnow. None were very impressive, only about 11" the smallest was about 6" lol.

·
Registered
213 Posts
TroutFishingBear: How do you rig your flukes? When I caught the few bass I had today on the banjo it was just the small minnow and the hook, nothing else. Do you fish the flukes that way too or do you weight them? Also I know you say the banjo hook system sucks, but it didn't seem too bad for me, but I'm guessing then that you don't hook your flukes that way, you probably do them weedless (semi-texas style)? I have no chartreuse small minnows left so I think I need to get some more like them but I guess flukes are in order.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
tie a 3/0 offset worm or wide gap hook onto your line, then place the Superfluke (Texas rigged) on the hook with no weight. Cast it out, and make slight twitches keeping the bait as close to the surface as possible.

·
Registered
213 Posts
ok, thats basically what I was doing today. I know its harder to set the hook though when the bait is texas rigged isn't it? Like today I was always having the problem of having quite a bit of slack in the line cause of how the twitching works. The reason I was able to set the hook on the ones I had today was because I actually saw the fish come up and take the lure, never really feeling it, and setting the hook. Is it really difficult to set the hook like on the flukes when you can't see when the fish hits it? The water I fish isn't clear at all, its maybe 1 to 2 feet of visibility.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts