Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was such a nice day I just couldnt take it anymore and went in search of open water to rip a few casts. Decided on a perch spot and was happy to find little to no ice. Had to sort few a bunch of small ones, but finally got one that I would consider picture worthy. Sun was just starting to duck behind the foothills, and what little ice was, started to grow rapidly. Was fun to get out and bomb a few casts. Fish hit nightcrawler/preserved minnow combo, I'd say I caught most fish in about 20fow slowly retrieving with slip weight.
Did not get any official meausement but I'd say 12" maybe around
1 1/2#'s

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
That's a chunky fish man. It would be nice if the weather would make up it's mind already. I still have half my open water rod's rigged and half my ice gear. :mad:

Usually all my open water reels on my macks rods by this time od year

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
§limer said:
That things a pig. You must have used Ricky for bait...
hahahha ;D
I don't think I have a hook small enough. :D
catfishking said:
thats a really nice perch especially from there
Thanks for not saying where "there" is, I've seen a few nice ones come out of there but mostly just 6-8"ers.
Biggie Smalls said:
That's a chunky fish man. It would be nice if the weather would make up it's mind already. I still have half my open water rod's rigged and half my ice gear. :mad:
Usually all my open water reels on my macks rods by this time od year
I'm such a gear whore, I dont have that problem. I have a whole different set of issues. :D

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Fistfullafish said:
§limer said:
That things a pig. You must have used Ricky for bait...
hahahha ;D
I don't think I have a hook small enough. :D
Hey now.... Not sure what you are trying to insinuate!! LOL

I was invited on that trip..... But I am on a mission to NOT fish ANY open water till April!!

C-Mon Ice!!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Nice Chunker!...I need to get out...maybe Monday night...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts