Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Killed it today at a local pond. Green spinnerbaits was what they wanted so who am I to argue.

4 lm. 2 were around 12" and the 2 below were 6-7 lbs. I am so mad my scale was dead

Attachments

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
6-7 lbs is based on length guestimate and this chart.https://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/catchrelease/bass_length_weight.phtml

Here is another pic of the big one next to my size 12 shoe. What is your guess on length and weight? After looking again 5lb might be closer but still a personal best
That's a conversion table for TEXAS largemouth, pretty sure they are florida strain largemouth rather than northern. I have caught plenty of 18inch bass here in CO under 3lbs and according to that chart if they are 18" they are 3+lbs. By the looks of your picture I would guess 20-21" and between 4.5-5lbs. Still a beast of a bass for Colorado, not trying to take anything away from you by any means. If that was me I wouldn't have been so generous with the backgrounds of those pictures :cool:

·
Registered
16,692 Posts
I think the only picture I have seen of slayer and a bass is the pic of a stringer of smallies :eek:
Grew up catching bass in New Jersey. Got a 5lber by 9 years old. Used to throw hula poppers on fly rods for them.

Just not the same out here.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Grew up catching bass in New Jersey.
That explains it all (New Jersey). No wonder I enjoy your sense of humor/sarcasm. BTW bobys 5lbers are very common there, even for Smallies.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts