Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got to head up to Vega recently, with my Fishing Partner/GF Samantha...We landed into some nice Rainbow Trout and Cutbow Trout, some with some nice size/weight to them! We got a late start to the day and started by late morning and fished until a snowstorm hit the lake in the evening!

Ice barely had any slush and was under about 2" of snow. Ice Thickness was a nice 10-12" in the area that I fished. Bite was pretty good until the evening storm came in, then they got really finicky! I've noticed that a little bit this season (again, just getting into ice fishing heavy this year) that when a storm hits, the bite gets finicky for me...anyone else experience this or is it just in my head?

Attached are some photos of the day, also a link to the video if you would rather check that out!!
Hope you enjoy the video! ;D

https://youtu.be/lZjx75rxuKA

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Weather usually changes the bite in some form. Good looking trout
Always does. Just trying to dial it in...I've been getting into ice fishing heavy this season and have noticed some stuff that is almost opposite of openwater when it comes to storms. Been fun out there figuring it out! Thank you!!:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts