Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter is coming quick boys. I have to get my fishn in! Hit the watering hole with my bro Joel. We were on a mission. Poor Joel hadn't caught a wiper all year and was super sad because of it. We got to the lake around 6:30pm and it was windy and the sun was going down. No matter! We tied on our spooks and headed to a topwater spot. We got there and casted for a while. Nothing to be had. Wasted our time. We spent an hour or so without catching a fish and our moral was in the shtr.

So I said to Joel that we should go try a walleye spot that I like and maybe we could redeem ourselves with some fish to beat the skunk. We tied on a few different lures and headed over. A few casts in, and joel hooks a new personal best walleye!!!! This thing was a beast! Stretched the tape a bit past 28"! :eek: :eek: Joel was massively stoked to say the least.

We wanted the fish back in the water quick because it was flopping but managed to get this pic :D :D

Had a victory smoke and got a few more bites. I once again decided to change spots....this time to try once more to get joel into a wiper hopefully. Got there and I landed two bass pretty quick on a jerkbait.

Then I heard Joel yell that he has a biggun! Drag going and I was hoping to god that it was a wiper! 5 or so minutes of reeling in a pissed off fish and it surfaced. SUCCESS!!!! ANOTHER PERSONAL BEST!

At this point, Joel was walking on air and shaking at the same time! hahahahha

We went to another spot. A few casts in, Joel gets another eye. I go to grab the camera as its a nice one but then my rod starts sizzling! Fight for a while and land this guy!

What a great night!

A while later joel gets a smallie. Both of us have several species at this point.

Bites left and right.

Then it slowed once 9pm or so hit. So we decided to call it a night while we were ahead. One of the best nights of fishing I have ever had with my bro. Can't wait to get back!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Nice Job!!! I wish I would of gone out tonight! The big one needs to eat some more shad! It has a monster head.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yah i would say you guys were on fire. That sounds like a fun night. congrads on the two best for Joel...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Yeah kyle, that is definitely another good night for you boys! Can't believe that is Joel's first wipey this year...
I need to get my arse out again before the weather changes too much! Haha

·
Registered
509 Posts
You guys had an epic night. Nights like that can spawn an addiction. Great report, thanks.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Koldkut said:
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Nice Photoshop work, Riv!
I love the way he feathered the background into the water.
:D :D :D Hate you guys. No need to photoshop at night >:D >:D

ice fisher said:
You guys had an epic night. Nights like that can spawn an addiction. Great report, thanks.
Wayyyyyyyyyy too late man. I have been mass addicted for some time now. I have fished close to 100 times this year.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Sounds like a great slay day! All nice fish too, sic. Gotta love it when you get the shakes from a good fish. Knees a knockin' 8)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice..if we can do that during this Saturday's tournament, we'll be doing really really good.

D.J.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
djfisherman2 said:
Nice..if we can do that during this Saturday's tournament, we'll be doing really really good.

D.J.
Yeah too bad I have plans this saturday. Me and Boon were gonna fish it but plans got made too late. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts