Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to buy a good flat of crawlers?
what are they asking for a flat these days?
thanks, MasterBaiter

·
Registered
258 Posts
We buy Canadian Nightcrawlers (25 in a small cottage cheese size container) at Walmart for $3.88 and they are nice. But, be sure to open the container and check the crawlers inside before buying.
Cody

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
England...

A lot of the flats there have crawlers late at night. I haven't been there in a while, I'm guessing a flat will go for 500 quid/month.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have no idea what any of you are talking about....quids, flats, and the like...

I thought flats were cribs and quids were pinches of chew.

If you are just interested in worms you can shoot me a PM...a dollar a dozen. I have euro crawlers...stinky, wriggly, nasty, and they spank the fish just like the English! (Just a fun poke for those who may be offended!)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kajitan said:
I have no idea what any of you are talking about....quids, flats, and the like...

I thought flats were cribs and quids were pinches of chew.

If you are just interested in worms you can shoot me a PM...a dollar a dozen.  I have euro crawlers...stinky, wriggly,  nasty, and they spank the fish just like the English!  (Just a fun poke for those who may be offended!)
your right ! the gal is trying to throw you/me off. you have to watch her. Check your P.M. thanks

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
If im not mistaken In Canada they refure to a flat as a case.

They call a 12pk of beer a case and a case a flat.

---maybe

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Registered
937 Posts
Ling Reader Has Some PM Him. Im Calling him Later.

·
Registered
52 Posts
best way to go is to catch them during a spring rainstorm. u can pick them up on the sidewalk if there are alot of grass in the area. some of them were size of small gardensnakes. i used to catch alot of them for my koi's snack. never really fished with them because i didn't take the effort to keep them alive.

·
Registered
82 Posts
MMMMMM...dried squid...

(I don't even know if this is off topic anymore???)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cabelas sells nightcrawlers by the flat I believe.

Has anyone ever used a worm puffer to inflate the crawlers and use a bottom rig to fish for walleye? I did that some years back at Boyd and hooked a 36'' plus walleye. I had it all the way up to the shore and my brother went to land it. He got excited and grabbed the line, end of story.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
TAL0362 said:
Around Catalina Island?  There are lots of them there.
La Jolla canyon is my favorite place to jack light squid. not as far to run as catalina. but once you got your squid catalina has more big whiteseabass!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts