Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i plan on fishing 11-mile the night of the 14th. any suggestions on baits locations? any help would be much appreciated. by the way, everyone is welcome to join me. also i am going by myself and would not mind some company.

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
All I know is what I've done up there at night.I have only night-fished at sucker cove.Did well on egg sacs,crawlers and p-bait.I fished from midnight till 9am usually.It gets cold up there. We always caught bo's.

·
Registered
863 Posts
yup same here last time i went up to 11 mile stayed there the weekend did alot of night fishin we caught several rainbows on all kinds of different colo powerbait caught the bigger ones on that green nitro but everything works up there that i have tried so far i love that place!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Cut bait would be a good idea if a pike wonders by, also might consider bringing worms and powerbait.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys also the invitation to go with is still open

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
had a friend that swore by fishing under a big lantern at rocking chair, thats were she always went at night

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
When I was younger and didn't mind not sleeping, we used to night fish there then go over to Spinney. Crawfish shed their shells at night in very shallow water. We used big black streamers, jigs and spinners with black blades (Vibrex and Rooster Tails). We caught some huge fish including some real nice Browns!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
which part of the lake do you guys recommend?

·
Registered
16,634 Posts
I've always been a sucker cove guy,but lazy boy or rocking chair is closer to the vehicle.I've always done better on the west end,witchers sucks!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sucker cove ;D what a name sounds like the fish i usually catch

1 - 13 of 13 Posts