Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody new to the forum. Moved to colorado last spring along with the rest of the USA it seems so I'm a bit new to ice fishing for trout. Anyone do any good at night? Just got done working for the last two weeks and I've got the itch to do some fishing tonight. Probably gonna hit dillon for kokes and rainbows. Supposed to be a full moon tonight so I figured tonight should be as good as any. Am I in for a skunk/do they hit at night?

Either way except a report in the mornin...

·
Registered
731 Posts
I've had some great nights trout fishing in open water. I'm sure they'll hit at night through the ice if you can find em. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Welcome! I've never night fished for trout on purpose, but caught a couple bowbows while going after cats in a metro pond. They had just stocked it (apparently). Hungry buggers were eating whole 5" nightcrawlers on 2/0 Kahle hooks.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
So where is the morning after report? Another question: why target trout at night? You got a weird schedule? I never tried for them at night but action seems to taper off for me as the sun set. But I have caught some trout at night by accident when fishing for walleyes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the late posting, internet is still pretty sketchy at the new house. But I work a rotation and have limited time off so i figured I'd squeeze in as much time as I can on the water. Anyways Dillon at night was a bust for me, but i didnt have much in the way of glowing baits or anything. Just basic swedish pimples.

Hit the tarn in blue river the following day and landed a few nice rainbows, but they all seemed to have a pretty nasty gill parasite. any idea on what it was? We took them out hoping it was just an isolated incident and smoked them, but I wonder how prolific it is in that lake. Looked pretty nasty...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts