Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to pick up my two teens from working at a haunted house in Broomfield between 10pm and 1am every night for the next month. We figured that would give us plenty of time to get a few hours of fishing in...at least till the water gets colder.

Where would anyone recommend fishing at night in the 108th & Wadsworth area? Are there any fish in the ponds at Interlocken Tech Park? I know Stearns is near, but have only been there once and not even a bite on shrimp or worms. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
NS,

I know of the haunted house you speak of and, in fact, a buddy I work with used to work there many, many moons ago. There are lakes nearby (such as the pond we used to call Church Lake as a kid), but the ones I hear most about are a little north of there. If you do a search for "Broomfield" there is quite a bit written about Josh's Pond, Stearns and McKay which seem to be the three most popular.

Hope this helps,
Mike

·
Registered
163 Posts
Stearns is supposed to have some good cats in it. I've talked to one fisherman who's had them snap his line several times. Lots of mosquitos, like some Alfred Hitchcock movie. Decent Bass and supposidly some Tiger Muskie.

I've never seen anyone get anything good at McKay lake. It looks like it should be good, however. It's all flys and lures only, so catfishing is out.

There is nothing in Interlocken. There are a couple of ponds with fountains and stuff, but I don't think that you can fish them.

At 128th and Lowell is Tom Frost Res. It's fairly weedy but I've seen some nice bass there. Not sure about Catfish.

I thought that Josh's pond was being "renovated". You should double check that before going out there.

There are about 8+ lakes in this area that are listed in the Fishing Close to Home book. Including Standley Lake.

T

·
0 Posts
There is a couple of ponds @ Interlocken that I have fished. One in particular was stocked with rainbows. I've caught about an 18 incher there. It's right off of Interlocken pkwy(unsure of the street). People that works in the area goes flyfishing there during lunch or after work. This was a couple of years ago. They have other little ponds that was stocked with lm bass and tons of carp.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts