Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going out Thursday nite in the Kayak. Hope to boat a Wiper and some Walleye.
I'm thinking the East end near the dam would be best. Will launch from the shore so don't have to worry about the boat ramp times
Ideas? anyone want to try a canoe in the dark?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Willow Springs pond

talked to the DOW workers today they were pulling there electro shocker boat out of the bigger pond.
They counted one Crappie, small blue gills, some decent bass and catfish and drum roll, a couple of large Wiper.
Our somewhat pet Snapper was found dead.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
You want clear water for night fishing-always worked better for me.

So the lower lake should be better.

Congrats on the kayak, love mine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good luck out there! I have a question about this "big pond-little pond" talk. Is it just the two portions of the lake, like by the dam is "big pond"?

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should have taken the advice. I hit the SE area, fought the wind that was supposed to drive the bait into the area and make the Wipers happy.
I did drop a bait casting rig in 11.6 fow of 74' water. It has a Berkley Frenzy tied on.
Fished from 7:45PM until 10PM without a bite. Did mark fish.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
talked to the DOW workers today they were pulling there electro shocker boat out of the bigger pond.
They counted one Crappie, small blue gills, some decent bass and catfish and drum roll, a couple of large Wiper.
Our somewhat pet Snapper was found dead.

Was this just a snapper that'd been living there for a while? That sucks did you catch him in net

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Snapper

It was dead and floating along the South side rocks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts