Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to hit the ice tonight. I'm in foco. Anyone have suggestions? I was thinking chambers... Worth a try right? Maybe hit joe wright afterwards if chambers sucks? Just wanna get out and play around with the sonar and what not. Thanks

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Yes walk out into the middle of Chambers at midnight. You will become one with the universe, glasshopper---

·
Registered
5,192 Posts

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I was there earlier this week and the ice was at least six inches. So pretty sure I'll be fine as long as I'm careful.
Not familiar with Chambers at all so all I can offer is be extremely careful on any ice that you haven't been on in the daylight. Many lakes, especially during early ice, can have drastic differences in ice thickness due to underwater springs, channels etc...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was there earlier this week and the ice was at least six inches. So pretty sure I'll be fine as long as I'm careful.
Not familiar with Chambers at all so all I can offer is be extremely careful on any ice that you haven't been on in the daylight. Many lakes, especially during early ice, can have drastic differences in ice thickness due to underwater springs, channels etc...

Thank you.picking up some spikes on the way

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I'm assuming you go to CSU and if thats correct why in the hell are you ice fishing friday night.
Maybe he has a girlfriend, so he is capable of getting wool any other day of the week besides Friday?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
Hell yeah, Musky Kitty fri night then Tiger Musky Saturday!

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
night fishing joe wright and chambers at the foot of cameron pass and the never summers...youre out of your mind!...

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So I got to chambers around probably six or so. Don't remember exactly. The ice was thicker than I expected at 10-12 inches. I hiked in and set up in front of a point that I thought might hold some lakers. Fished it for an hour or so. Didn't get any hits. Didn't mark any fish. Got up and moved to the inlet by where you hike in. I set up towards the middle of the inlet in what I think was twenty feet of water or so and sat there for a minute to see what I could see. Again, nothing. So, I decided to move closer to the bank. Got set up in like 12.5ft or so and dropped down. I immediately started marking fish and getting bit on my hd ice. After catching one bow and missing a bunch more I switched up to one of my new live forage jig heads that I just picked up at Jax and a waxie. I immediately started missing less hits with the smaller jig. Marked tons of fish and caught probably ten bows in a half hour or so. They were all 10-14 inches but it was fun. It was pretty much my first time getting real use out of my flasher so that was cool. I liked seeing fish come up off the bottom and chase my jig up. I couldn't take many pictures because as soon as I got my phone out and snapped a couple it died. I think it was because of the cold.So, the daylight pic is from my trip to joe wright last week. Can't wait to get back to chambers and get some lakers. It's a cool spot.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
So I got to chambers around probably six or so. Don't remember exactly. The ice was thicker than I expected at 10-12 inches. I hiked in and set up in front of a point that I thought might hold some lakers. Fished it for an hour or so. Didn't get any hits. Didn't mark any fish. Got up and moved to the inlet by where you hike in. I set up towards the middle of the inlet in what I think was twenty feet of water or so and sat there for a minute to see what I could see. Again, nothing. So, I decided to move closer to the bank. Got set up in like 12.5ft or so and dropped down. I immediately started marking fish and getting bit on my hd ice. After catching one bow and missing a bunch more I switched up to one of my new live forage jig heads that I just picked up at Jax and a waxie. I immediately started missing less hits with the smaller jig. Marked tons of fish and caught probably ten bows in a half hour or so. They were all 10-14 inches but it was fun. It was pretty much my first time getting real use out of my flasher so that was cool. I liked seeing fish come up off the bottom and chase my jig up. I couldn't take many pictures because as soon as I got my phone out and snapped a couple it died. I think it was because of the cold.So, the daylight pic is from my trip to joe wright last week. Can't wait to get back to chambers and get some lakers. It's a cool spot.

good shrooms?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Heck yea man... I like the pic of the one coming up to your jig (or you dropping down to it)

Nice job!!!
Haha thanks. That's actually just a pic of my flasher on simulator mode. I wanted to get a pic of actual fish on the flasher but next time...

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
Wow my hats off to ya!...one of the craziest mofo's I have seen on this site since its inception!

Hey Penley (speaking of crazy mofos lol) if you read this...have you night fished for lakers?...much success?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts