Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Free bait. Get 'em!

Now, where can a person, an average guy like me, get some suckers for the summer and into winter?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Healthy looking worms! :)

Hey Ed, I fished with Bernie last winter and he said the meat he was using for cut bait was carp, Ever try it? One carp would sure give you a lot of bait! We were targeting lakers and it worked well for the smaller ones. For the larger ones he just used a larger jig, no meat.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
catfishking said:
you know where to get suckers ;D
Yeah, well I went there two days ago,..and nada. Did I miss it. I keep such good records on my fishing usually, but did not mark the sucker fishing on it the last few years. ??? Sometime in April, but not sure. Will try again next week. Free bait is good.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
lake1177 said:
catfishking said:
you know where to get suckers ;D
Yeah, well I went there two days ago,..and nada. Did I miss it. I keep such good records on my fishing usually, but did not mark the sucker fishing on it the last few years. ??? Sometime in April, but not sure. Will try again next week. Free bait is good.
i;ve been getting some big ones up to 5 lbs if you ever need any let me know

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
albow said:
Healthy looking worms! :)

Hey Ed, I fished with Bernie last winter and he said the meat he was using for cut bait was carp, Ever try it? One carp would sure give you a lot of bait! We were targeting lakers and it worked well for the smaller ones. For the larger ones he just used a larger jig, no meat.
Alan,..I haven't,..but Anthony (kokaneeking), was using carp meat a couple years ago at WF, and had pretty good success thru the ice tipped to a jig.

Rivrunnr1 said:
Nice. Those things are fatter than oyey. Should work great!
:eek: ;D
catfishking said:
i;ve been getting some big ones up to 5 lbs if you ever need any let me know
Whoa! That's a huge sucker. I finally got into some today, caught 5,..all about this size, 18-19 inches,..but biggest was 2# 14 oz. Lots of free bait, free bait good!

W

·
0 Posts
How do you guys store your crawlers long-term? Mine don't seem to know they're supposed to stay in the flower bed.

·
Registered
4,731 Posts
In all my limited time lunker fishin, I think I've used meat 2x. Wouldn't mind some bait tho. Too bad they closed Wellington south. Nice sucker tho.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Captain America said:
How do you guys store your crawlers long-term? Mine don't seem to know they're supposed to stay in the flower bed.
I use miracle grow potting soil and keep them in the fridge. I had a carton last all winter in there would still have them if I didn't forget them in the back of the truck were they froze over night and then cooked all day the next day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts