Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I hunted new areas the last a few years, no bull. Only a cow to show for it, no bull. This year I went back to the ole stomping grounds, only my daughters and I hunting, no bull.

In case you have not figured it out, this is not the full story, this is the bull story.

An hour long hike, and 30 minutes of waiting....yeah, opening morning, kid number two went to the sun to warm up... she was supposed to come back with a whistle... 5 whistles later... nope, but yes the elk heard me, yeah bull.

We had fun... cleaning, hauling, and skinning the elk, yeah bull. It was a lot of work.

And some of us had more fun than others...

And that is the bull story.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Good Gawd,

Blondes with high powered rifles!...ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!

Great job Terri!...and waita get the kiddos out...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the complements, I am excited about the animal, not too big or old, so hopefully it will be good eating. Its at the butcher walleyeseeker, so elk dinner is something like 2 weeks away.

Oh, I ordered a bunch of sausage and summer sausage, some with jalapenos. It should make good snack food for ice fishing.

Pretty funny zman... As if Blondes were not a danger to humanity all by themselves, we drive cars and trucks too. ;D

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Congrats on the Bull!!

D.J.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jörmungandr said:
TAL0362 said:
Thanks for all the complements, I am excited about the animal, not too big or old, so hopefully it will be good eating. Its at the butcher walleyeseeker, so elk dinner is something like 2 weeks away.

Oh, I ordered a bunch of sausage and summer sausage, some with jalapenos. It should make good snack food for ice fishing.

Pretty funny zman... As if Blondes were not a danger to humanity all by themselves, we drive cars and trucks too. ;D
and snowmobiles! ;D
No, we blondes are good on snowmobiles. It was "crazyman" that almost did me in. ;D

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I forgot all about "snowmobiles"...and Ms heavy throttle up...so lets dig back into the archives for an oldie but a goodie...lets call it the Evil Knieval Martini Yardsale thread...great reading for those of you who havent seen it...a little trip to ice seasons of Christmasses past...and for all you newbies on Granby...the date on this is a month after Granby traditionally freezes...

http://www.coloradofisherman.com/forum/index.php?topic=40648.0

Goon still walks funny from that lump of poo being permanently lodged there like an asphalt speed bump...bwahaahahahahhaaaa...

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
zman said:
Goon still walks funny from that lump of poo being permanently lodged there like an asphalt speed bump...bwahaahahahahhaaaa...
I thought the peculiar gait came from the button he cut out of that snowmobile's seat when he saw that open water ahead. ;D

·
P I K E
10,084 Posts
[/quote]

This is why I can't wait to purchase a snowmobile.
[/quote]

Boy do I have a deal for you!!! ;D Let me know when you have a couple extra hundred bucks!!! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts