Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit stoll mountain around 8am couldn't get the fish to hit only saw one on the vex and one cruise through under the ice fished 6-15ft of water but no luck didn't see alot of fish being caught but there were some guys jigging kasties getting a few had a newbie with me and wanted to get him on som fish so we packed up and went to terryal got action right away striaght out from the first lot 6ft of water wax worms and ratsos. nothin hudge but a least we avoided the skunk.

·
Registered
71 Posts
We were up at the mile on Sat too. We started over at Rocking chair along with 100 of our closest friends. I've never seen it so busy. We didn't fish the area I would have liked to, and tried to get away from the crowd a little. Got a couple first thing and saw a few more, but they were few and far between. The fish we did see were somewhat disinterested. I was surprised given all the positive reports I had heard lately. Drilled a bunch more holes and wrestled a couple, but it was slow and it seemed to be that way for everyone we talked to.

We drove around to the north shore and there must have been 200 people at cross creek. Crazy.

Finally found a pocket of the small guys they stocked that gave us some action. It was great to be out there anyway, but catching a few at the end topped it off nicely.

Humble

1 - 5 of 5 Posts