Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only could fish for the morning, and I still wanted to get up high to chase char... so i went to a place to see if they were done having lockjaw. got there at 530 in the morning, walked along the shore in the dark and threw tubes. didnt' have a single bite. walked around the corner and threw a few tubes/donated to the rocks. didn't see a single laker cruising, which at this time of year usually i see a shitload and sometimes can basically sightfish for them. at this point, some kayakers came in and paddled by me. bullshitted with one of them and he told me he saw lots of blips on his fishfinder between 20-30 feet. i decided to go fish a part of the lake i haven't gone to in a couple years. threw a few tubes off a deep point and lost a lure, and then walked to another part of the point, and started getting lakers. the trick was letting them sink, and then bringing them up... they'd follow all the way to shore from the bottom of the dropoff. weird but not unusual for that lake. took one nice eater, and a rare cutthroat trout.

at 9 in the morning, i went down the mountain past fairplay and fished the south park slampig. upon getting there, the parking lots in both places were pretty full and there were a good number of boats. I walked past the crowds a ways and found a spot where i could see trout swimming by shore. put on waders and started chucking tubes, and jerks. couldn't buy a bite at all. 1230 came and I packed it up and went home. sometimes you screw her, and sometimes she screws you.

conditions were really warm... it was 30 degrees at Jefferson, and then 70 when i arrived at the slut. according to the kayaker, the water was 38 degrees still. i sweated balls in my waders when i fished the other lake so i'm gonna assume the water was pretty warm as well. it was also calm. unless a few big cold snaps hit that area, i'm probably gonna wait a few more weeks. no pics of the fish so i guess you can assume whatever. next weekend im probably gonna take the toon somewhere in middle park, thinking williams fork or maybe green mtn.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts