Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went back to wy and took the wife. Had an erri calm (really nice) day. Landed 2 20.5" males and one 19" female in a matter of 90 min. Knocked off to work a bit while the wife tried the new kayak. I was feeling pretty good about my catch until she brought back a 5 lb 25" monster to put me to shame.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Sweeeet!!! For once, I think a weight is estimated low.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
all 18"+ have come on the same lure which I just lost friday....I am not excited about that loss.
That, my friend, is exactly how lure addictions begin...... Always have at the very least two of one's that catch fish, a few in different weights, a couple in a slightly different color pattern, etc. Before you know it you will have an entire room, shed or part of your garage dedicated to fishing tackle or worse yet-no room to park a vehicle in the garage (Sorry Mark).

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, I've always got a couple of this particular one (mainly because they are never in stock when I need them) But I don't mean caught them all on the same color/size lure I mean the one very same lure, it was all beat up nice, been cast a thousand times, just starting to feel like an old friend.

the best way to end up with a garage full of crap is to start fishing for walleye. I now own anything that even sort of looks like it might catch a keeper. oh well, I'm contributing to the economy I suppose.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts