Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a minute since I been around but time to get back into things. I moved up to Loveland so this will be my new stomping grounds. Drove around this morning to Lake Loveland, Boedecker and Lon Hagler and all lakes looked fully capped. This was at 4am so I am not positive but I was able to stand on the ice a few feet off the shore on all lakes. Lake Loveland had open water just a few days ago. Lon Hagler was still pretty thin as I could see completely through it but guessing by the end of the week, things should be ready to go. I also heard Douglas has 1-6" of ice.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Thanks for the update!! I don't get up that way as much as i would like but i am sure there are others that will really appreciate the updates.

·
Registered
53 Posts
When you go to Lake Loveland, the area north of traffic light off Eisenhower, BEWARE, there is a black hole that you will disappear in and never be seen again:eek::eek:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well big hole didn't swallow me. Ice was a consistent 2 inches. Was fishing by 7 15. Caught a bunch of small crappie. Got one 11.5 incher. Two little walleye 7 inchers. All on tungsten. Guess it s final here.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
When you go to Lake Loveland, the area north of traffic light off Eisenhower, BEWARE, there is a black hole that you will disappear in and never be seen again:eek::eek:
Very infamous spot. Its a water pipe that consistently produces current.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts