Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you guys don't mind me slipping into the lounge. I'm headed to Grand Junction on the weekend of October 3rd - 5th and wanted to fish a lake or river for 1 day. It would be from the bank as we won't be bringing a boat or waders. I love fly fishing but I also love using spinning gear or throwing bait. Any tips on a location for someone who's never fished Colorado?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
since today is Oct. 29th I'm thinking you mean Nov 3rd-5th...or you are a lil late!

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Most of the higher lakes on the Mesa will have spawning brookies. Just head for the inlet-

·
Registered
271 Posts
Vega is on fire and about 1 hour and 10 minutes east of GJ. HD trout, Trout Attack, Mr. Crappie 2" shad are all producing. Rocky areas are best. If you're a fly fishermen, gray and pink marabou steamers will produce. Most fish are 2 to 6 fow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
since today is Oct. 29th I'm thinking you mean Nov 3rd-5th...or you are a lil late!
Yes! Nov 3-5. I'll be sure to check out Vega. Are there any good drive-up lakes on the grand mesa? We would also be up for a 1 to 4 mile hike if the weather is good.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts