Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
luckily i have a friend that lives up north to check ice conditions instead of relying on post on other sites. all week the post talked about open water and bad ice. what we found was a completely covered lake and good 5inches.we managed nice 11 to 13 inch crappies, about the same size white bass and two small catfish. sunday while you all were watching the broncos i went out to my favorite lake. i was surprised by ten inches of fairly good ice but with the sun and warmth loosing it fast. unfortunately i have no good news about this lake .caught one trout and marked no fish despite drilling over a hundred holes. wish i could have better news but I'm pretty sure this lake was ruined by the flood. by the way im pretty sure i might have caught the only fish today. nobody i talked to caught a thing.

·
Banned
553 Posts
luckily i have a friend that lives up north to check ice conditions instead of relying on post on other sites. all week the post talked about open water and bad ice. what we found was a completely covered lake and good 5inches.we managed nice 11 to 13 inch crappies, about the same size white bass and two small catfish. sunday while you all were watching the broncos i went out to my favorite lake. i was surprised by ten inches of fairly good ice but with the sun and warmth loosing it fast. unfortunately i have no good news about this lake .caught one trout and marked no fish despite drilling over a hundred holes. wish i could have better news but I'm pretty sure this lake was ruined by the flood. by the way im pretty sure i might have caught the only fish today. nobody i talked to caught a thing.
Go to the spillway.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, wasn't douglass. the last i heard douglasa was open water but its been cold up there that may have changed. had a friend fishing boyd today. he was only at the marina but said both the fishing and ice were good. he also said the whole lake is covered but he was by himself and didn't venture out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts