Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some good fish up at North Catamount. Caught 7 Lake trout on Tube jigs and probably 15 or so Cutties and Rainbows fishing from the bank. All released, but it sure was fun! Lakers were all about the same at 18-19". The trout ran around 11"-14". They sure put up a good battle for their size! Also, the stocking trucks showed up today and put several thousand fish up at the head of the lake. If you wanted to hike that far I'll bet you could get them on almost every cast....

Tim

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Tim-Good report. I love this lake and like you every laker I ever caught in here seems about 17-19". I know there are some bigger ones in there-just not on my line. Still its great fun. I need to get up there. Ed

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The water is WAY up from last year..... I was really impressed. When you walk down the shore (away from the dam) and come to the 1st little divet in the shoreline, last year there were these two giant rocks you could stand on..... Those are about 10-12 feet under water now!!! I am just guessing - but I bet it is up about 20 feet from last year.

About the bigger fish - I saw one last year...... SCARY!!! I was catching small stockers out of a cove and all of a sudden they scattered... I was wondering what was going on and a choo choo train laker came up from the depths trying to eat those stocker trout.... It was a giant!! I'll bet he went 25 lbs. or so... I wanted to hook one of those stockers on a big treble hook in the back and throw him out there!!!! But that would've been illegal....

Tim

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's only $3. North Catamount is artificial only, Crystal and South Catamount you can use bait if you want.... I always go straight to N.C.... Much better fishing in my experience.

M

·
0 Posts
Thanks -- I am thinking about Mtn biking around to the far side ofthe lake and checking it out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts