Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up to North Catamount for the first time yesterday, and I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! Within 5 minutes I had my first of 7 Lakers. I walked from the dam towards the power lines and back, I did'nt stay in one place to long, just kept sticking and moving. I also caught 2 rainbow's and lost a nice hookjaw at the shore. I had something on that was ripping drag and headshaking like crazy but spit the hook. I was using big tubes trying for some big fish, this is my new laker spot, it is only 45min from the house. Here are a few pic's.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be back after them this weekend, I need that big one I missed!!! I need to replenish my tubes, I lost quite a few closer to the power lines.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I just might see you there. I'm tired of the little lakes in Colorado Springs but I havent had the time lately to go any place else.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to Sportsmans Warehouse today and re-plenished my tubes and jig heads and am ready to go!!! I will be heading up there Friday after taking my son to school. I got some medium sized tubes this time, so the smaller ones who were just nipping at my big tubes can get caught too. If anyone is heading up there, I will be the guy getting tubalicious on the Lakers!!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
I was up there this week too!!! The tube jigs ARE HOT!! I got those glow in the dark freshwater basic jigs... They really liked those. I put them on an orange jig head and the orange kind of showed through it... I must have caught 10 or 12 of the lakers, but I really liked the fly rod! Ended up with another 10 rainbows, 2 cutts and 2 more lakers on a PT....

Can't wait to go back!

Tim

D

·
0 Posts
How big are the lakers you guys are getting up there? Are you tipping the tubes with anything?

Thanks.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Lakers I caught were between 16" - 18" and I lost something pretty big. I was just using the straight tube, I don't think you can use anything on them up there. You don't need to tip them, those lakers are hungry!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts