Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived at the lake around 10am. Hoped to get there earlier but had a little trouble with the alarm. Surprised at how few fisherman there were. Talked with a gent that was fishing in front of where we parked on the east side of the lake. He told us he'd been there for the better part of the week and that the fishing had been great,....until that morning. He'd been catching 6 to 8 nice fish (browns and a few rainbows) every morning. This morning he'd caught only 1. This fella was prepared for anything, toting 2 flyrods and 2 spinning rods.
Chris and I waded out and began casting Platte River Specials with Glo-bug droppers, same set-up the other fellow was using. Got nada and saw only a couple fish cruising through. Did see one nice sized brown, tail up, dead in the water. The weather was sunny and a touch cool with not much wind (yet).
After an hour or so with no hits, we moved on to the northwest parking area to try the north end of the lake. Saw a few more fish cruising but none interested enough to take our flies. They looked and followed, but would not take. The lake level seemed high and there was no water coming through the inlet. The guy we'd talked to earlier cruised by in his pontoon boat. He reported zero action.
Time for lunch, then off to try South Delaney where we had similar results. We had no hits and saw no one else hooked-up. All in all, it was a great day to be in North Park, but as usual on Delaney,... if the weather's good, the fishing ain't. 

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Re: North Delaney 10/23

Ken Broeren said:
Good report! I picked up on a theme in your post that is common in my fishing excursions...

"You should have been here yesterday!" :p I really hate that. :)
When I lived in Illinois, I used to drive up to a friend's cabin on a lake in Minnesota and spend a week there every summer. Never caught much. The locals always told me, "You should have been here last week, they were really hitting!"

Then I changed jobs and moved to Minnesota. I spent a whole summer getting mostly skunked because I hadn't learned the local waters well enough yet. Then my neighbor came over and said, "You should have been here last year, they were really hitting!"

His body is still missing.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts

Haha you guys are nuggets... Just go fishing more and more then you will be there one of those weeks.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts

[The theme I picked up from W E is do not make him angry, your body may never be found.....]...just fish in long underwear and nothing else...it scares him and he wont bother you...(see Lon Hagler posts)

·
Registered
4,755 Posts

zman said:
just fish in long underwear and nothing else...it scares him and he wont bother you...(see Lon Hagler posts)
You got that right.... You want my spot, just start unbuttoning something, I'll move way over and give you all kinds of room... :eek:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't know bout this underwear thing but after reading basshunters 10/24 report, not only should we have been there yesterday, we should have been there tomorrow. ??? Need to work on that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts