Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a cast & blast trip to North Park.  We tagged out early, and decided to head over to N. Delany.  It was unbelievable to see all of the browns cruising around the shallows.  I was suprised not to spot up any really big fish, the biggest I saw was probably around 26" (I would expect 30" 10+lb fish in there...).

99.9999% of the fish were not even remotely interested in what we were throwing at them.  In fact, every time we changed lures we caught one fish - and then nothing else.  Too many fish were in spawning mode, I bet the pre-spawn fishing was awesome.  In all we caught 8 browns in a couple hours between ~ 20-25 inches.  Not bad, but not impressive for the sheer number of fish cruising.

Here's the lures that worked for me:
- small floating rapalas
- large jointed rapalas
- 1/4 oz white spinner bait (bass lure)
- large blue fox spinners (#4, chartreuse, blue)

I was a little hesitant to post up after getting reemed last week for being "Coy", and really hesitant to share pics after being accused of  "Eyeguy-Style" bragging.  If pictures of big fish offend you, please don't look, everyone else enjoy!  ;)

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
Re: North Delany 10/24/05

Nice fish man, if you can do it,then it aint braggin! Love pics of big fish-yeah baby.

·
Registered
691 Posts

Basshunter: Great fish!! North Delaney can be a tough lake to fish - but you did good! John

·
Registered
594 Posts

Nice day...looks like a good day on the water~!
Old racing saying goes...It is not bragging if you can do it!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

hahaha! I guess I'll have to start running a spell-check-or I can count on John

·
Registered
943 Posts

nice fish. even one that size would be a great day ;D

·
Registered
279 Posts

Those guys that jump you can turn out to be your best advocates and support systems i.e. Terre and Walking Eagle. WE will rib ya like the best and Terre keeps you from bulls#$tting. Great post and don't forget the pictures.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts

fatfish said:
Those guys that jump you can turn out to be your best advocates and support systems i.e. Terre and Walking Eagle. WE will rib ya like the best and Terre keeps you from bulls#$tting. Great post and don't forget the pictures.
I never rib basshunter. I bow down before basshunter. He posts pictures of fish that I can not equal. :) I still haven't gotten over those wipers.

·
Registered
472 Posts
This basshunter can fish! Love those awesome fish pictures...keep on posting!!! Warmwater bassin' Cold water browns...absolutely fantastic. ;D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey basshunter, I finally decided to join the fun. I would have to say that bass hunter has special fishing powers or something. Every time he takes me along he catches at least twice as many fish as I do. I think I outfished him once, sure was a reason to celebrate. :)

Hopefully I can get out fishing again before winter comes, if only I wasn't so busy. :mad:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey arsrmk - welcome to the site!! "Special Powers"?? - no. I just fish so much that I'm bound to stumble into something decent every once in a while :)

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
someone told me that they(the dow) were thinking about closing north delaney down until the brown spawn is done as alot of people try to snag them instead of fishing for them.. anyone know of any truth to that

1 - 20 of 31 Posts