Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys fished the North Fork of Clear Creek between Empire and Berthound Pass? If so how was it and is there any public access to the creek? Thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
I used to live in Georgtown and have fished the whole area. Been a few years. Closer to Empire and the confluence of N. & S. Clear Creek much of it is private you'll see signs, maybe, mostly you'll see fences that are half down. Some good browns & brookies in there used to sneek in as a kid. Up out of the town past Marrions Restaurant is mostly open it is a small creek. There are camp grounds and pullouts all along the road and it sees alot of pressure from passer bys. Some fish in there all the way up to Urad lake and Jones pass. Henderson Mine is also in there reccomend not sneeking into there. Also if you go South of town down towards the baseball fields up the mountain cant remember the name [Barr creek?] but the DOW put Greenbacks in the small creek. its catch & release or used to be,They are small but eager

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I surveyed the area last summer, and there are some small trout, but I'm not sure it is worth the trip. The population of fish leave a lot to be desired.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Co.Trout said:
Also if you go South of town down towards the baseball fields up the mountain cant remember the name [Barr creek?] but the DOW put Greenbacks in the small creek. its catch & release or used to be,They are small but eager
Tough fishing there. Be ready to dap (did I spell this correctly) and bushwack for the fish. Forget casting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts