Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Cruise down Cty road 74 and head to Ft. Collins and Loveland..............there are tons of ponds and almost all have bass. In Greeley.............we are part of the "fishing challenged" group............no places of true quality to fish here.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am originally from Eaton, and seemed to make the trek to Prospect Ponds in Ft. Collins regularly. Take 74 to I-25, then north to the Prospect turn off. Then west a few miles...you will see the River Bend ponds on your right, and then the left next turn after the bridge will take you to Prospect. A lot of bass and panfish. The ponds at State Farm (Promontory Park) just west of Greeley used to have a lot of bass and crappie, but after the big tornado, I think they had to drain them...not sure if they too good anymore or not...good luck...

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the tips. im from ft.collins/loveland so i know prospect, riverbend and all the ponds that have been around. I think thay are all over fished and now its slow. 10 years ago I caught a 26" largemouth at riverbend on a yellow buzz. of corse i let it go, but now i think the "border jumpers" keep everything thay catch and now our golden ponds are now fished out and trashed.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Bullsandfish said:
thanks for the tips. im from ft.collins/loveland so i know prospect, riverbend and all the ponds that have been around. I think thay are all over fished and now its slow. 10 years ago I caught a 26" largemouth at riverbend on a yellow buzz. of corse i let it go, but now i think the "border jumpers" keep everything thay catch and now our golden ponds are now fished out and trashed.
:D Yep, these FC ponds are fished out. Just stay down south, guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts