Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a week old,but what the heck. I wasn't gonna post much on the forum anymore cause of the whining and such,but what the heck. 4 of us fished the gray reef area and it was pretty good. The biggest fish didn't come till the last morning. We started seeing some big rollers in the shallow water. It should be smokin for the big bo's as we speak. First pic is the first morning after 20 minutes,a nice stringer of 18-19.5 inch silver bullets:

Last morn I picked up a couple sows:

I realize the house in the b-ground looks familiar but that hole ALWAYS produces!

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
who cares about the whiners

slayerfish i just want to see the pics of you
catching all the big fish or any fish

keep the fishing pics coming

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Oh man i cant believe u kept all those fish u are a killer .LOL just playing dam good job man u got some secret potion u use or something?

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I let the last (biggest) one go. I have learned that timing is the key. NOW is the time for the big trout. Especially if they are spawning. I'm not gonna waste my time trying for the walleye till they really turn on like may-june.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Dang I wish I had your luck when I was up there. Congrajulations! Don't stop the pics. Your pics are what got me into this forum. To h**L with the whiners and complainers. They are just jealous. Maybe I'll have to go back up there.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was under the impression that you could keep only one fish over 20" per angler...is that wrong?

BIG Fish...i was up there a few weeks ago, and caught good fish, but nothing like that last one...

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The biggest on the stringer was 19.5". The first sow pic was 19.5". The last pic I let go was 23". Your impession is correct.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
NICE!!

Last one is pretty. I don't know jack about how to determine gender of fish, but I'm guessing that's a male?

1eyeReD

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nope-check out the belly full of eggs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't want to be one of the "whiners," but feel like this important to say. When you say you were fishing in the Gray Reef area, I assume that you were fishing in the first 8 miles below Gray Reef dam. If that is the case, then you broke the law because you are only allowed to keep fish over 20". If by "Gray Reef Area," you are referring to a river somewhere near Gray Reef, you may well be within the regs, but if not, you should not have kept those fish. Here is what the regs state
"North Platte River from Gray Reef Dam downstream, eight (8) miles to the upstream boundary of the Lusby Public Fishing in Natrona county.
The creel limit on trout shall be one (1) per day or in possession. All trout less than twenty (20) inches shall be released to the water immediately. Fishing is permitted by the use of artificial flies and lures only."
So, I don't to stir up a hornet's nest, but I was to point out the facts. If you were fishing below Lusby, then you were well within the regs. Like I said, I was "assuming" some things based on your description of the location you fished in. You probably know the saying about "assuming," and I could be completely wrong. If not, I hope you will reform your practices next time you fish Gray Reef.
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
699 Posts
man nice fish very nice keep it comin and tell the whiners to pug mahone

·
Registered
44 Posts
If the "whiners" are those who call for the protection of valuable fishing resources by following the established regulations, then we need more whiners.
Again, I'm not out to start anything with anyone, but the bottom line is that the rules need to be kept to preserve the fishing. The rules apply to us all - no matter how long we've been fishing in one place, or how it "used to be."

I agree, they are great fish, and I'm glad you released the big one (although you would have been legally able to keep it). I enjoy seeing the pics just as well as the next guy, but the regs are clear and everyone here should be promoting them in order to keep the fishing good for us all. Certainly, isolated infractions happen from time to time, but we should all be against breaking the regs, even in isolated cases. Like I said before, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone if my original assumptions are wrong, buf if they are not, I believe in telling it like it is. I'm going to let Slayerfish weigh in here before I comment further...

Best,
Brian

·
Registered
699 Posts
thats fine bryan but in defense of slayer he is using a tactic we are all guilty of wich is use a common name for an area so that our honey holes dont get over fished by saying the reef he was giving us a bloody idea wear he was and you might have know that had you been here for awhile man ask be fore you assume anything and it might help to to romove your head out of its dark and stinky whole

slayer great fish and man i think the irish just came out with that post

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
SLAYER, don't defend your self,no need to , someone (dont wanna mention any names)is probably just trying to narrow down where your hole is, as it sounds like they are familiar with the area.  kind of *********** if you ask me.  like slayer isn't gonna know the regs there, he fishes in WYO quite a bit from what i've read from him in the last year. and don't reform nothin, just keep the pics coming. next thing you know they will be bustin on you for how you caught them(just to get the info) all the longtimers here know whats up slayer.. be cool bro.

·
Registered
699 Posts
even some of us newcomers know whats up slayer so keep your line wet and your reel screamin

1 - 20 of 67 Posts