Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the reef area from thursday through sturday. I have never scene so many people out there this time of year (maybe slayer's beasts got the word out). On thanksgiving morning there was a group of about 20 colorado plates gangbanging the alcova tailwater. I have nver scene any more then two people out there before. I drifted the afterbay and did very well with streamers and dead drifting. Friday and saturay were cold and windy but I still managed to do well. Hot head leaches as the point fly, followed by an orange scud and then a midge of some sort. Streamers--vanilla buggers, double bunnies, sculpins etc. If you're spin fishing throw some jigs. My buddies Tim and Ryan, pounded them with big tube jigs. I'm real hisitant giving a full report based on the number of Colorado plates, but hey have fun and make sure when you're done fishing, stop in the Sunset Grill and leave Francie a good tip! Tell her Theo said hi! If you're looking for a guide, let me know and I can give you my buddy Ryan's number who guides out of the Reef Flyshop, he'll get you into some serious fish drifting and make you laugh like you never have.

B

·
0 Posts
Good report TS4!
My son and I stayed at the motel (Riverview?) there and had breakfast at the Sunset the week-end before Thanksgiving last year. Funky, but nice place-good, cheap breakfast. Lots of greenies (including us) there as always. I have trouble with that cold weather fishing thing though, thought I was going to have to have a couple fingers amputated after that one. Caught one good fish at the "outhouse" then bailed back to the motel.
Is there less moss this year because of the higher summer flows? It was a ***** to deal with last year, especially in the stretch below the dam.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I definetly can't fish quite as long through the cold, but I guess sometimes you have to be miserable to catch big fish. I'm yet to find a set of gloves that can keep my hnd somewhat warm and still allow me to handle my line to some extant. Someone told me about some gloves from a copan called glacier gear that are supposed to be the real deal--I'm willing to give anything a try. As for the moss, its there but dyig quickly and not half as bad as it was a month ago. You will still pick it up on a occasion but nothing more then any where else. Good luck and stay warm!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts