Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished this ole gravel pit pond today.....Caught 4 small largemouth in about 7 min. Just one cast after another.....a bass would hit my jig and curly tail. They were not big (7-8 inches) but I have never had that happen before cast....fish....cast....fish....cast....fish. it was fun. I guess I might have stumbled onto a group of them.
The ponds are starting to warm up really nice....sunfish are waking up and taking flies off the surface. Carp are making their presence known...ahhhh SPRING!!!!

I got stopped by a game warden and was asked to show my liscence....first time for me.

Thought Id share,

Pondfisher

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice to hear someone was catching something up here yesterday. Friend and I were over at the big pond and one of the clear ponds on the south side of Riverbend and didn't get a thing. It was also incredibly windy so that didn't help a whole lot. I went to a few places to check water temps over the last two days and the clear pond with the beaver dam is at about 52 degrees, the big pond at Riverbend is about 52 degress as well, and we tried to see if Watson had warmed up yet but it was still around 46, too cold for smallies yet. Will try to post if we see some of the waters getting warm enough for some action.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Way to go pondfisher. I have been out there a couple times a week and can't catch a cold. I can't seem to do any thing there but lose lures. There are about 7 watermelon wacky rigged senkos and a handfull of crawfish jigs scattered around the lake if you find them I'd like them back. I have seen alot of crawfish in the lake. The bass must love them. I have walked and fished the whole shore line and no luck. I finally put on the waders to fish the area by the reeds on the west side and it's to shallow to hold fish. I like this little pond I just can't catch a break. Pondfisher if you don't mind me asking where were you fishing at?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem......I was fishing on the northwest corner of the pond. While yes it is shallow, I have seen some bigo girls cruising in about 2-3 feet of water. With the sun hitting this shallow water, the bass seem to be along the edges of the cat-tails......shade and ambush spot. The trick is not spooking them when wading in.

Fished my other favorite ponds today....one bite....one miss. I got a bass to bite but could not set the hook...all I saw was flared gills...a bit of green fin, and a senko slowly floating back down.......

Pondfisher

1 - 5 of 5 Posts