Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished this ole gravel pit pond today.....Caught 4 small largemouth in about 7 min. Just one cast after another.....a bass would hit my jig and curly tail. They were not big (7-8 inches) but I have never had that happen before cast....fish....cast....fish....cast....fish. it was fun. I guess I might have stumbled onto a group of them.
The ponds are starting to warm up really nice....sunfish are waking up and taking flies off the surface. Carp are making their presence known...ahhhh SPRING!!!!

I got stopped by a game warden and was asked to show my liscence....first time for me.

Thought Id share,

Pondfisher

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problem......I was fishing on the northwest corner of the pond. While yes it is shallow, I have seen some bigo girls cruising in about 2-3 feet of water. With the sun hitting this shallow water, the bass seem to be along the edges of the cat-tails......shade and ambush spot. The trick is not spooking them when wading in.

Fished my other favorite ponds today....one bite....one miss. I got a bass to bite but could not set the hook...all I saw was flared gills...a bit of green fin, and a senko slowly floating back down.......

Pondfisher

1 - 2 of 2 Posts