Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't take another 70* day without hitting the water. Water temp was 42* so we thought the fishing would be sloow! We were so wrong! Finished the day with 9 LM Bass between 3-5 lbs and this 22" walleye. The pattern we figured out was beating the rock with craw wiggle wart, parallel in 6-9 feet of water. We would reel it as slow as we could and still bang into the rock. As you could feel it clanging into the rock your road would just load up! GOOD TIMES!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Great day out on the water! Its crazy to me that you read so much about the Shad rap working so well in cold water under 50 degress, but not much about the Wiggle Wart in cold water. I have crushed on those warts in early spring.

Thanks for the report1

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Nice going BM!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If your a bass fisherman in Colorado...listen up! If you are not throwing a wiggle wart (brown and orange craw) on the 45* rip rap banks you are missing what might be the best bass bite of the year! My best 5 would have been 23-25 lbs!!! I don't know where they go after they spawn but they are stacked on the rocks now.

Attachments

·
P I K E
10,113 Posts
LOL!!! That face says it all, nice job!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts