Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made another long journey yesterday to do some fishing with a few people. First stop was to drop off one of the three items that I sold yesterday to a good friend who I haven't seen much the past few months. Next stop was to pick up Grababrewski and take his item out for a text run. While we started our day a little later than most we were still in high spirits for the possibilities to come. Next stop was to fill the void in my stomach;D (Hey, a fat guy has to eat).

About that time the third member of our party calls and starts harassing us about what was taking us so long to get there (even though we agreed on a later time the day before). Let me digress for a minute and give a little more detail about this guy..... Most of you know him as maniacal fishing madman who obliterates fish routinely with his arsenal of metal. Others simply call him Slayer. To me; this guy is simply obsessed with being the first guy on the lake no matter what the plan was originally. LOL

We arrive at our destination safely at the time we had discussed and good ole Slayer was no where to be found. Upon looking around we saw a lone figure way out on the ice that was frantically moving around drilling hole after hole. Sad part about this was the other two people we were meeting were about a 1/4 mile up the lake from him :eek: So, rather than waste the good holes he proceeded to "slay" a few bobos.

Fast forward to getting to the actual meeting place. We met up with ColoradoRay and his friend Bo to chase perch. First fish caught in that spot was a healthy LMB by Bo that was easily 16". Then the slimer fest ensued for about 2 hours with Slayer, Grababreski and ColoradoRay having no mercy on them. As for me, I spent the first hour and a half changing the blades on my new drill set-up back to what came with it:mad:

Finally after countless slimers ColoradoRay found a perch and the HOWDY PARTY started. At first I wasn't quite sure how are new comrades would take to this barbarick fishing technique of bum rushing into a guys space and drilling holes right next to them. But, to my surprise everyone was cracking up laughing. Especially when two of us literally fished the same hole.

All in all well over 40 filthy slimers were caught (some even managed to hit over 15"), 30 some odd perch were found (biggest was 10.5") and tons of laughs were shared.

Slayer caught and missed the most fish of course. But ColoradoRay wasn't far behind with a significantly higher catch rate.
Bo quietly caught the most species and the most slimers.
Grababrewski caught the biggest slimer and zero perch.

PICS? I'm sure Slayer will share some of his perch taco photos.

As for me; I ended up selling all my gear yesterday and spent a great day on the ice with some hella cool people. Oh yeah, almost forgot. I got the biggest Perch.

Conditions Report

Boyd Lake
6" of solid ice
10'-14' FOW
Bite was super light. So, a spring bobber was a must.
Metal tipped with meat did the damage.

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Great report Ninja! THX for sharing!!!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
LOL Slayer was cranky you werent there to find the fish for him...that Marc*nt doesnt doesnt have a map (he cant read it anyway)...and you don't have to with MRTs they cruise everywhere in the lake looking for food...the warm water species don't do that come running gig for you...lololololololol...he'll be in the fishing squatters hall of fame...nice work fellas...

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHA. Making it seem like it was an epic drive outta state.
Thank you. Might go that way with my son today.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Making it seem like it was an epic drive outta state.
Slayer is still bumming about not going due to the bad weather update. So, I figured I'd give him some grief.

Might go that way with my son today.
Plenty of action for the little ones. Good Times

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Not only did I outlast the Ninj, I whupped the Natives and crushed Graba-skunksky!

it was a fun day nice weather good peeps. I musta missed 30-40 hits they were hitting like gunshy crappys. The Marcum was gold as usual. Drilled 50 holes and walked like 2 miles but caught all my fish from the same two holes, one which I didn't even drill! We needed more beer, but with new years **** going on we stayed cool.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Good time for sure, lot's of laughs as always!!! Nonstop nonsense.
I didn't ice any perch but that didn't keep Slayer from Howdee-ing me when I would miss one! He was nice and returned my minnow that a perch stole from me and puked out after he caught it.
I figured out what the catching problem was...The Zcurse! He called me while I was fishing and it was all over after that.

·
Registered
625 Posts
fun report!

I was at hattie this weekend (building walls not fishing). sustained 30mph. couple 3-4 people out there. beautiful sunny days, just windy like always.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
I figured out what the catching problem was...The Zcurse! He called me while I was fishing and it was all over after that.
Oh dude, you KNOW better than to answer! although even just the call is enough to destroy your life!

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Ummm who called who first?...shot yourself with the bullet in your pocket there Barney...

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Was out there today with the peanut gallery, was fun but got better action in 6 feet. Now I'm eating saag paneer and then I'll be back.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
We ended up keeping 32 after you left today. They came in waves.
Shoulda stayed with you although se side had no holes at all.. due to the massive pressure ridge that followed the shore.. Threw on a Hd ice and drummed up a few blips in some deep humps but nothing. Gave the big trout to my mom. Drove by cherry creek after running our errands and wasn't feeling it. Gonna get ready for the weekend..

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Good stuff fellas! Sounds like fun

1 - 17 of 17 Posts