Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Headed up to St. Vrain to do a little tubing and hopefully catch a few LM, but Mother Nature had other ideas. Too much wind to play, so just to take a ride I drove over to an old farm pond that a friend of ours use to own, but sold to a gravel company. Not really knowing whether I would find water or a dry hole, I was pleasantly surprised to find not only a pond, but all the fencing gone and no "No trespassing signs." While fishing an Adams County sheriff did stop to take a look, but didn't bother to see how the fishing was, and speaking of fishing, it was like old times. Within a couple of hours I was able to catch 6 LM ranging from 10 to 18 inches (Great to see the different year classes). Spinner baits did most of the work, but did manage to catch one on a Swim Bait. Considering I hadn't been to the pond in a couple of years, it was great to see it being able to substain it's own population.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Nice...I love/miss fishing farm ponds back east..

D.J.

·
Registered
490 Posts
It is always good going to a fishing hole and expecting nothing but then being pleasantly surprised with some decent fish!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts