Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....But since I don't post reports...

I caught a fish, finally. I've been quite the terrible fisherman this spring (been tough for me to get out lately)

XPS Floater, silver and blue. Cherry Creek....go find it

23+" 5+# Still swimming....

Only hit of the night. Glad I made it pay off...

Peace

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
I woulda posted that up on the bragging board had I caught it :) LOL

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Wow at creek to boot...Neal will throw rose petals when you walk...even he wont go there...

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
What type of retrieve if you don't mind sharing.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What type of retrieve if you don't mind sharing.
Fairly aggressive, due to the fact that it was a floater. I'm not big on floaters for the fact that they float.... :D So I try to keep them down in the "zone" longer, by working them more, with little or no pauses...

But you already know that, don'tcha? ;)

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
Fairly aggressive, due to the fact that it was a floater. I'm not big on floaters for the fact that they float.... :D So I try to keep them down in the "zone" longer, by working them more, with little or no pauses...

I use that lure to run over submerged brush or in the rocks. It only dives 2 feet! Bounce it off the rocks and let that "taildancer action" work its magic!!!!

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I use that lure to run over submerged brush or in the rocks. It only dives 2 feet! Bounce it off the rocks and let that "taildancer action" work its magic!!!!
Agreed, Neal. Where I started was loaded with rocks, and the water was very shallow, even quite a ways out.

I was very surprised I didn't even get a sniff in that area... ???

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any wind blowing into it? Or was it flat?
It was windy, but the wind was coming from the wrong direction. So I moved...that's when I stuck the 5er. :thumb:

I knew better, but the area was open and I've been curious about it for sometime. It was a bit of a back/cross wind in that area. I moved to have the wind right in my face.

Like I said, I knew better, but I really wanted to see about that other spot first.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts

I do and I dont. Ive been looking at big floaters for awhile especially for the Crack. The xps' are rated at 5'. If the bigger ones run shallow like 3' without slow retrieves, I have some shopping to do.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Nice fish, man!!! I don't use that color enough...

·
P I K E
10,114 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts