Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who says Green Mountain doesnt have big fish in it?
Well OK maybe just one :).
This is my 6 year old son with his 11 pound laker.
Taped out at 31 x 17.
While plowing through a whole bag of Dorito's he was zeroed in on his pole. He sets down the chips, hops down off the quad and just starts reeling. Grandpa bolts over, reaches over him, grabs the tip of the pole and gives it a hookset for good measure. We figure it is one of the skinny 14" lakers but that soon changed when he had a hard time picking the pole back up! He brought him up like a champ from 52 feet.
Big time rush for all of us!
Fish was released for someone else to create awesome memories like ours!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
Yeah I am really proud.
It also kills me because his fish is almost three times the size of my biggest!

He actually told me two times that he thought there was a fish on the pole but I was too busy putting some fresh meat on my jig that I quickly looked at it and started back to my hole.

The pole was in his grandpa's silly EZ-Jigger thingy and I cant believe he managed to get it out and start reeling without the fish spitting the hook.

This was the only fish we caught in this spot and marked just a few others so we decided to jump to another spot so grandpa and I could shake the skunk.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
That's the nicest laker I have ever seen posted out of Green Mountain. Good job to the young man who caught it. I have also occasionally been surprised by what my kids reeled in, but it was never aything that big.

·
Registered
47 Posts
NICE ! Taking my son out there sunday or monday. He hasn't caught a fish through the yet this year so he's ready. Congrats to your son.

·
Registered
879 Posts
That fish really isn't that big compared to the smile on his face. Way to go! This will be one of those moments that you will not hear the end of for quiet some time. Dorito dust, who new!! Congrats to all! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah he's a pro! 8)
He has been on the ice with us now for several seasons now.
Blows my mind when we were at Jefferson last year, I haven't even punched my own holes yet and I look over and he is stinging one. It's pretty funny when he gives you a breakdown on how to use the flasher too. ;D

The DOW officer that checked us said the Kokes are starting to bite in front of the dam.
He also said there was a big cutbow caught in front of the boat ramp.

Caught alot of skinny's suspended and they would only hit it while it was jigged.
They would just stare at it on the bottom and chase it half way up before you could coax them to bite.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts