Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the metro area, have the option to get the boat out this weekend. Looking on opinions of where to go. Haven't had much of a chance to fish this year, and I likely only have this weekend, plus one other to go. 2nd weekend is already set - heading out to Powell to winterize the houseboat, so would like to stay closer to home this weekend, but would still like the opportunity to get into some better fishing.

Would like to stay within say 220 +/- miles of town. Have been thinking of going to Blue Mesa, but open to other options.

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
I would go to Blue Mesa and also hit Taylor Res! It's so pretty up there and the chance at a big fish is there.

The other option I would consider is .... John Martin. The lake is fishing well and some freezer fish would be nice before winter.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about JM. Went there this summer with the other boat. Never fished there though.

Was also half considering Alcova but that is quite a bit further.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
My II Cents

Blue Mesa:
Chance for a big laker, recent post else where killing the perch 60 a day in the coves.

Granby:
Fall lakers are shallow, chance for a big one.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Steve. Leaning more and more to Blue Mesa.

Have thought about Granby, but that lake has always been tough on me.

Never have caught a perch at BM but I have seen a few of the reports. That would make for some good eating.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Big Mac and the fall spoon bite...

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Plo is a ton closer and has lots of good eaters in it-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts