Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Now ive seen it all

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Mustang 
#1 ·
So I fished Quicny today. When I first got there I waded out and was throwing a Senko type bait. I found a spot and was about waist deep in water. After a few casts I felt something hit my foot. I looked down to see if there was a stick or something in the water,,,,nothing. A few seconds later. tap tap tap. WTF? I look down and nothing. So this time instead of casting out I just stood there looking at my foot. Im standing there and here comes this LM, He/she stoped......Swam around my foot and bam bam bam, kept running into my foot. I guess I was on her bed or something he/she was like "Do you mind, Your on my bed". It was the craziest thing ive seen. Ive had LM follow me around and not be afraid of me but for one to try to push me off the bed is crazy!!!! I tohught I'd share this we you'll.

oh ya, I also saw some guy who had about a 8in trout on his stringer......dont get to full buddy!!!

-Jay

PS: I guess the point of the story is that weather it be a female fish of female human neither one wants be in thier bed!!!!
:)

#6 ·
andyrm66 said:
Same thing happens to me when on a belly boat in the shallows, or with real agressive fish. Happens at Pella, freaks you out the first time.
Makes me think back to my lifejacket float fishing to cool off at Bonny..... There's pike in there.. Some possible record size wipers.. And catfish I've seen that could possibly fit my foot in their mouths.... Oh yeah, and snapping turtles.

#8 ·
I had a school of gills come up inbetween my legs yesturday at Brush Hollow, think cause I had been standing there for so long that they thought I was a tree trunk or something. "Oh new cover lets go claim it for ourselves."
The swam away when I brought in the next fish (another gill, they eat anything at this lake).

G
#10 ·
i dont think one has ever runb into me, but we have seen them at our feet wading, weird stuff...
and today while shore fishing there was this one LMB that wasa darting back and forth as though patrolling his/her spot, backj and forth for like 30 minutes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.