Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife just informed me that she heard on 9 news that the NETS have officially cut off negotiations with the Nuggets regarding the "blockbuster" trade for Melo.

So.... the KID and The foriegner have blown this whole deal away due to lack of experience.... at least thats the way it looks to me.

Now what, or does anyone really give a rats A__!

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Apparently there was never a deal anyway, since Melo had no interest in the Nets from the start. It was just Nuggets management putting pressure on the Knicks to "step ya game up".

FAIL!

Rob

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Saw this in the denverpost.com article:

They (The Nuggets) have cap space this summer, so one could argue that if he (Melo) wants to be in a situation to win, then Denver would be one of the best situations.

Kobe: Then Denver will make the right decisions, bring in the right personnel and he’ll stick around. It’s not rocket science. …. I know for me, it’s all about winning. In my situation, we weren’t spending the money to get players – they had me playing around with Smush Parker. Until they decided they wanted to make the necessary sacrifices financially to get a team that’s competitive, I didn’t want to be (with the Lakers). It’s as simple as that.

·
The Mayor
2,101 Posts
Listened to ESPN Radio Dallas this afternoon, lots of Melo talk again today. Dallas wants Melo, but an NBA Insider is saying that the Houston Rockets have the most to offer in terms of draft picks, young talent and cap space help. Much more than any other team in the NBA, and now that Jersey is out, Houston is primed to jump in the Melo mele.

Since most NBA teams are trying to get cap space by acquiring contracts that expire at the end of the season, the Rockets are offering Yao Ming, a couple of young players and a couple draft picks. Ming is gold, not because he would help a team on the court, but by how much cap room his expiring contract would bring. His contract is up, and his 2010/2011 salary is paid for almost entirely by insurance money due to his injury.....

Houston will make an offer......

BHR

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
the limey said:
Man this is dragging on more than Farve's I'm playing, no I'm not [email protected] just get what you can because he's a free man at the end of the year.
The only team that you can get anything from would be the Knicks! That wouldn't be much. I'm wondering if Melo isn't thinking about staying! If winning is what he truly wants, he might realize that Denver gives him the best chance. This thing isn't done yet! The Nuggets have been held hostage with Martin's contract. That is coming to end, freeing lots of money. I believe we still can make a push for him!

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kobe: Then Denver will make the right decisions, bring in the right personnel and he’ll stick around. It’s not rocket science. …. I know for me, it’s all about winning. In my situation, we weren’t spending the money to get players – they had me playing around with Smush Parker. Until they decided they wanted to make the necessary sacrifices financially to get a team that’s competitive, I didn’t want to be (with the Lakers). It’s as simple as that.

Hey, at least KOBE always looks at the SIMPLE way to get out of something! (LOL)
Yeah, the team is trying to maintain, but in these curcumstances, I don't blame the masses for non-support, or even the booing of the player.
When Kroenke took over, I smelled a WAL MART type operation coming to the fore... cut overhead, cut staff, cut salaries to the bone, only look at the ways to MAKE MORE OF A PROFIT.... He already has done it with the AV's..... It's sad. And I thought he LOVED Basketball... Melo saw it in the pre season... I mean who did they sign to bolster the team? Al Harrington? WTF?
Maybe, as MELO holds the winning hand, he CAN pressure the organization into signing some BIG TIME TALENT to help him win a ring.... BUT... will they?
Maybe MELO needs to look within and decide if he wants to become the type of player who MAKES HIS TEAMMATES BETTER.... right now, he ain't doin it!
Looks like we may be going back to the dark days of Hanzlic and Westhead.... remember those?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts