Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, how much more patience we gonna give these guys? Losing to the Clippers, then the Kings? Come on! Are they in full blown "carmelo funk" or maybe.... it seems like..... George don't even give a rats a__ any more.... ?? pretty poor play ALL year if you ask me...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
As soon as we got the full roster back, the quality of play went downhill bigttime!!!!

They are not playing defense at all!! Sacramento averages 94 points a game and they had almost 70 at halftime.

Nuggs are not sharing the ball and not playing defense and if it keeps up, lottery here we come!!! I'm not so sure we are not headed that way anyway.

Trade Melo to the Nets...........Get the picks and Favors.........Jettison K-Mart after the year unless we can find some idiot team to take him...........

I do like some of the players we have Nene gets a bad rap but if he would be more aggressive and mean, he would average 20 and 10 every nite. Lawson's a keeper and I really like Afflalo.

We have some good pieces. Get rid of the dead weight, play defense and hustle and we will be much improved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,407 Posts
Everybody knows melos done and will be traded. Why drag their feet? It's just killing morale. And yes, of course Melo holds all the cards. It's his career and decision. The nuggets are going to get Dikembe'd, so may as well just acquire some more talent for now and make a run at the title this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,844 Posts
You never see GK mad at the players... Never see him firey in the fourth quarter (with the exception of complaining about calls)... It is time for a new coach..... and I hope we get SOMETHING for Mello... right now I am thinking he will not get traded.... and we're screwed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
Oyey said:
You never see GK mad at the players... Never see him firey in the fourth quarter (with the exception of complaining about calls)... It is time for a new coach..... and I hope we get SOMETHING for Mello... right now I am thinking he will not get traded.... and we're screwed.
The Nuggets WILL trade him before the deadline.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,844 Posts
Deuceu72 said:
Oyey said:
You never see GK mad at the players... Never see him firey in the fourth quarter (with the exception of complaining about calls)... It is time for a new coach..... and I hope we get SOMETHING for Mello... right now I am thinking he will not get traded.... and we're screwed.
The Nuggets WILL trade him before the deadline.
I hope your right brotha... I just have a real bad feeling... too many hard heads.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,676 Posts
Yep............I would have done this in a second!!!! This is from ESPN today!!


The Nets and Nuggets have discussed various trade scenarios, and just before Christmas they nearly worked out a three-team deal involving the Cleveland Cavaliers, according to league sources.

The Nets have a standing offer of rookie Derrick Favors, two first-round draft picks and Troy Murphy on the table, but last month, sources said the Nuggets aren't interested in Murphy because they would inherit the remaining $8 million on his expiring contract. So the Nets brought in Cleveland and its $14.5 million trade exception.

Denver would have received Favors, Devin Harris and three first-round picks. Cleveland would have received Murphy and one or two first-round picks, and the Nets would have received Anthony, Al Harrington and the Cavaliers' trade exception, the sources said.



Favors, Harris and 3 #1's!!!!! I couldnt have signed quick enough!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,844 Posts
Deuceu72 said:
Yep............I would have done this in a second!!!! This is from ESPN today!!


The Nets and Nuggets have discussed various trade scenarios, and just before Christmas they nearly worked out a three-team deal involving the Cleveland Cavaliers, according to league sources.

The Nets have a standing offer of rookie Derrick Favors, two first-round draft picks and Troy Murphy on the table, but last month, sources said the Nuggets aren't interested in Murphy because they would inherit the remaining $8 million on his expiring contract. So the Nets brought in Cleveland and its $14.5 million trade exception.

Denver would have received Favors, Devin Harris and three first-round picks. Cleveland would have received Murphy and one or two first-round picks, and the Nets would have received Anthony, Al Harrington and the Cavaliers' trade exception, the sources said.



Favors, Harris and 3 #1's!!!!! I couldnt have signed quick enough!!!!
Ya, I saw that... my question is why the hell don't we make it happen. I like Favors and Herris....Murphy, not so much.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
Oyey said:
Deuceu72 said:
Yep............I would have done this in a second!!!! This is from ESPN today!!


The Nets and Nuggets have discussed various trade scenarios, and just before Christmas they nearly worked out a three-team deal involving the Cleveland Cavaliers, according to league sources.

The Nets have a standing offer of rookie Derrick Favors, two first-round draft picks and Troy Murphy on the table, but last month, sources said the Nuggets aren't interested in Murphy because they would inherit the remaining $8 million on his expiring contract. So the Nets brought in Cleveland and its $14.5 million trade exception.

Denver would have received Favors, Devin Harris and three first-round picks. Cleveland would have received Murphy and one or two first-round picks, and the Nets would have received Anthony, Al Harrington and the Cavaliers' trade exception, the sources said.



Favors, Harris and 3 #1's!!!!! I couldnt have signed quick enough!!!!
Ya, I saw that... my question is why the hell don't we make it happen. I like Favors and Herris....Murphy, not so much.
As stated earlier, Melo holds the cards. My guess is that he is not willing to sing for the trade. Meaning the Nets will only do the trade if Melo signs a long term deal with them. If he doesn't want to play for the Nets, he won't sign a long term deal. My guess is the Nuggets will trade him to a contender, who is willing to give something in return as a rental for the end of the season. Then Melo will sign with the Nicks free and clear! The Nuggets won't receive anything near the value for Melo, but will get something in return. The Nicks don't have enough for the Nuggets to make the Trade yet. Maybe the Nuggets will except an offer from the Nicks as time expires just to get some value for him. Melo is in complete control here. Personally, I hope the dude tears every tendon and ligament in both knees before anything happens. Karma is a [email protected]$!




Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,844 Posts
Well, I hope he signs with the trade if it happens... I think he will sign because it will cost him a lot not to.

He does hold the cards, but I don't really wish ill will on him. He tried in Denver, we did little to give him the supporting cast and coach to win... We had our seven years and after about the first two, we stayed stagnent. This is consistent for George Karl. He has always gotten teams to a very good level, but unable to take them to championship level.... he just doesn't teach tight defense, and ultimately in the playoffs, that is what wins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,176 Posts
This is the latest deal on the table..

In the complicated scenario that’s being discussed, the Nets would send Derrick Favors, Devin Harris and at least two first-round picks to Denver and Troy Murphy’s expiring contract to the Pistons. In return, the Nets would get Anthony and Chauncey Billups from the Nuggets and likely Richard Hamilton from the Pistons, who are looking to shed salary. Hamilton has two years and $25 million remaining on his contract.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,273 Posts
I don't truly wish ill will on him, I just get tired of these pro players not giving their all. Back 20 years ago you wouldn't hear of a star player wanting/needing to match up with others to win. A true leader makes those around him better. Melo hasn't done that. The coach can only do so much. Melo needs to step his game up and lead this team.Unfortunately the Nuggets made a bad decision years ago to sign Martin to a huge deal that ultimately crippled the team! He too is not a leader, but only a piece to a championship team.



Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,176 Posts
Oyey said:
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
If that's the deal, take it!
hell yeah... now if they would just get it done.

You still content with Karl Hobie?
Don't know...Talent wins in the NBA,,,That's why so few coaches have won championships. You've got to have the players.

The Nuggets are a total mess. Melo's leaving, and aside from him, there isn't another guy on the team I can't live without. A squad of cast offs, backups, one trick ponies, and aging/injured players...No star...let alone superstar players on this team at all.


Melo can see the problem...He can stick around and be the best player on a bad team and pocket 65 million over the next three years. Or, he can wait and take about 15 million less from the team of his choice through free agency......under the current CBA rules.

He also knows that the Nuggets will still do a sign and trade, just to pick up a pick or two, even If he isn't traded befrore the deadline. So in essense...He'll probably still get his 65 million.

Why not the Nets...? Billionaire owner that likes to spend money...his home town...A brand new state of the art stadium in the works.... He'd be the home town hero...and still ...He'd only be the best player on a very bad team.

Not unlike Wade, James and Kobe...Melo know that you need two...more likely three..star players to win an NBA championship...And he thinks that can happen with the Knicks...not the Nets...or the Nuggets..

So, as far as Karl...I know I wouldn't want to be coaching this team...You've got to play Melo because that's a guy fans pay to see...and yet you can't move on while he's still on the team...
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top