Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do or die time in Denver tonight

JR Smith caused some drama with those stupid statements - hopefully they can overcome it.

Afflalo is starting, so hopefully that makes a difference.

I see a grind it out game that goes to the wire - Nuggets win in a close one

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I don't believe in bailing on a team, so I'll be pulling for 'em, Weezy. Game 1 showed me that OKC is beatable. Everything went against the Nuggs and they still almost pulled it out. True, they laid an egg in game 2. But I'm not counting them out. C'mon, boys!

- Get in Westbrook's jersey. Make him work and drive. Make him tired.
- Similar w/Durant. No separation or open looks. Make earn every point.

(I think we've got the depth of personnel to execute such a physically demanding scheme.)

Finally,
- Nene, play like you did in game 1.

Here's hoping ... What time's it start?

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
We blow them out starting at 8 pm...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hop said:
I don't believe in bailing on a team, so I'll be pulling for 'em, Weezy. Game 1 showed me that OKC is beatable. Everything went against the Nuggs and they still almost pulled it out. True, they laid an egg in game 2. But I'm not counting them out. C'mon, boys!

- Get in Westbrook's jersey. Make him work and drive. Make him tired.
- Similar w/Durant. No separation or open looks. Make earn every point.

(I think we've got the depth of personnel to execute such a physically demanding scheme.)

Finally,
- Nene, play like you did in game 1.

Here's hoping ... What time's it start?
I agree - they can certainly beat this team - but they fell asleep in game 2

Nene is the key down low - he needs to just kill Perkins in the paint

And someone certainly needs to frustrate one of their all stars - particularly Durant, when he gets on a roll it's dangerous

Chandler needs to hit his open looks - Gallo needs a few 3s

And EVERYONE needs to rebound and be more aggressive

I really like this squad post Melo - they've had a certain chip in their play. They need to go back to that and get hungry

Hopefully it's an exciting night and not a disappointing one ;)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
sswan said:
Sad to say it--They look they're just better than us.
I'm seeing the same thing. More talent in blue out there, and better, more cohesive overall play with that talent. :-\

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
How did we win so many regular season games?? We can not hit anything!! I mean it's getting embarrassing. :-[

We're actually doing a very good job defensively on Westbrook (3-for-9), and even Durant (6-for-17), but if we don't start hitting something ...

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Painful. We don't even look like a playoff team. And the thought of facing off against the Lakers, etc. is frightening. Again, I'm left wondering how we beat so many teams after the trade, yet look so lost now in the post-season. ???

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Hop said:
Painful. We don't even look like a playoff team. And the thought of facing off against the Lakers, etc. is frightening. Again, I'm left wondering how we beat so many teams after the trade, yet look so lost now in the post-season. ???
With the exception of 08-09' season it has become the norm with the Nuggs in the first round! Hard to watch year after year!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I watched a little bit of the game and all I can say is they deserve to get sweep, poor coaching at the end of the game again, can't make a free throws, they will be lucky to be .500 next year.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
zman said:
We blow them out starting at 8 pm...
Note to self...leave prognosticating to Vegas...bwsaahahahahahhaaa...yes as someone said they are just better than us...George cant make free throws for them...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I think that is a little harsh...we might get one or two...

Ummmm we got them right where we want them...said Zhobieman...

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well - the Nuggets have left me heartbroken for another year

So much hope and promise after that trade

They have a deep roster and are primed for some good trades this offseason - they need to make smart moves

Felton, K-mart and JR are all gone or traded

Need to build around...

Lawson, Afflalo, Chandler, Gallo, Nene, Mosgov

Nuggets don't necessarily need an allstar - but they need a defined leader of this squad...

K-mart at captain is the answer

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
I think Karl should make them shoot free throws until Monday night at 7:30 pm...at least it would get the point across...they arent winning this series anyway...like coach Brooks in Miracle...AGAIN!!!...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts