Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with all the members in here and all the talk about changing the way things are . why doesnt someone organize a weekly clean up of local ponds and lakes . I dont know who runs this site but if we can get enough people out there to do it maybe call a news station(great advertising for the magazine ) im tired of taking my family to trashed out lakes I pick up what I can and it does make a difference but what if we got 50 of us on a local pond cleaning it up . In a summer we could get so many lakes cleaned up (for a while at least) . not to mention checking out new waters that some of the members in here fish . Im thinking of heading over to spratt platte next week if anyone is interested let me know . help me clean up my lake and ill help you clean up yours .

eric

·
Banned
487 Posts
Here's Three. Throw in your chips with me and let's make our fisheries better, protect them, and start giving back the real power to we the people instead of the special interest committies. Cleaning up lakes is a good way to start.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would be happy to donate my time to such a great cause. Just let me know when and where. I think that all of the members of this forum who live in and around the metro area should participate.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm suprised that no other members have volunteered for this clean up. There have been 102 people read this post and only 4 reply. Seems a little sad to me.

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I think we should do our best to get a clean up effort in place for the CF get together. I clean up everytime I go fishing. Also durning the winter we always goto feed the geese and clean up trash at CC

-Jay

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea its very upsetting but hey what can you do . I can get down there whenever the both of you can so let me know . this week im swamped at work but next week I can do it anytime . you know for all the frustrated posts of trash at local lakes and ponds i cant believe only a couple have people have said they want to go . oh well im hoping that the people fishing will see a couple people who care about the local lakes and ponds and think twice about leaving trash ...hey you never no a guy might toss his pole in his truck and start to help . maybe one of you that has a digital camera can come and we can do befores and afters to show the "talkers" in the forum we can make a difference .

·
Registered
176 Posts
I appreciate what you guys are doing, its great. But remember, there are a lot of doers on this forum, not just talkers. I think, or hope that like me(us) every one packs out more than packed in. ;)

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
The sad thing is we need to not only pick up the trash but the key is to teach the youth to not follow this kind of example people are setting. It stems from upbringing. While you cant teach an old dog new tricks we need to make sure this doesn't become an ongoing thing.

IMO

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts